Sunday, July 20, 2008

Route 66 - 7/19

Today was a very lazy day. Yesterday I suspected that I had Gout so I sent and e-mail to Towncrest Pharmacy in Iowa City and asked them to coordinate getting a refill for me at a Pharmacy just down the street in Beaverton OR. If you do not know me very well I love technology when it works right and in this case it did. At 6:10 I got a call from Mike at Towncrest saying that he had my message and a transfer prescription order had been placed at the Pharmacy here. He was concerned because Towncrest closes at noon and we are 2 hours behind here in Oregon. I went to the pharmacy here and it did not open until 9:00 (11:00 Iowa Time). I was there at the door as soon as they opened and the pharmacist had just spoken with Mike in Iowa City and he said he loved how smooth it had gone. GREAT JOB MIKE AT TOWNCREST. Now you know why I love em.

The good news is that the medicine is doing the trick and my pain in my big toe is diminishing. I did a lot of research on Gout to see if I could have done something naturally and it appears that it may have taken a week for that to kick in. The pain was bad enough that when I applied the brake on the car I knew I had a problem.

We spent all day just laying around and resting up. Watched TV and played on the computer.

No comments: