Thursday, July 24, 2008

Route 66 - 7/23

Today we drove from Forks WA to Seattle WA. After about a 2 hour car ride we boarded a Ferry with our car to complete our journey. The Ferry was a nice experience for Ainslie. We could not check into the hotel that I had booked as we arrived too early, so off to the Space Needle we went after parking our car at the hotel. We walked about 3 - 4 blocks and immediately went up to get a birds eye view of the city. We were unable to eat as they were not accepting reservations that day.

After looking around we stopped briefly to listen to some Indians playing guitars and penny whistles. It amazes me what people will do to make a living. Ainslie got to see what scrimshaw art is all about as there was a display in a window. As we were leaving the area we decided to take a duck boat tour of the city. I always like someone else to do the driving as I get to look around and get someone else to tell me about the town. The driver was absolutely nuts which made it more fun.

We then went to a music hall and looked around. There was a display of old guitars that Ainslie fell in love with. Some as you can guess were priceless.

To top off the evening we ate at a restaurant and I had fresh salmon. Ainslie opted for her favorite Chicken Fettuccini. It was tasty. Tomorrow we are off for Montana and see Chad who is my sisters youngest son.

No comments: